Subject: Re: 2940UW - is this supported in 1.2
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@ensta.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/19/1996 12:34:01
On Dec 18, Jason Thorpe wrote
> On Wed, 18 Dec 1996 15:21:21 +1100 (AEDT)
>  rmcm@paradiso.apana.org.au wrote:
>
>  > I cannot find mention of the 2940UW controller in pcidevs for either
>  > 1.2 or current. Is it supported?
>
> I think the UW had a device ID that wasn't matched by the ahc driver
> in stock 1.2.  It is, however, pretty easy to make it work, my simply
> matching the id and treating it like a 2940U, IIRC.

I have a 2940UW in my pentium pro, and I didn't remeber I had any special
things to to get it work (this was with a NetBSD 1.2_BETA kernel):
ahc0 at pci0 dev 12 function 0
ahc0: interrupting at irq 12
ahc0: Reading SEEPROM...done.
ahc0: aic7880 Wide Channel, SCSI Id=7, 16 SCBs
ahc0: Reseting Channel A
ahc0: Downloading Sequencer Program...Done

Works verry well, however.

--
Manuel Bouyer, Ecole Nationale Superieure de Techniques Avancees, Paris
email: bouyer@ensta.fr