Subject: Re: xmcd with ATAPI?
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Neil J. McRae <neil@domino.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/16/1996 11:02:22
On Sat, 14 Dec 1996 13:40:38 +0200 (EET)
 Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to use xmcd (a Motif CD player software) with NetBSD 1.2 and
> ATAPI CD-ROM drives?
>
> I built xmcd with lesstif 0.75 and it seems to work - but it can't talk to
> my ATAPI drive.  The simple cdplayer software I got from the ATAPI driver's
> author works fine (so the drive is OK).
>
> xmcd looks to nice.. I want to get it going.. :-)  Any ideas or experiences?

Dunno about ATAPI, but my last attempt to build with lesstif just seg faulted
all the time. I got a real motif build and this works fine with a SCSI
driver. [On the sparc port lesstif and xmcd work perfectly]

Neil
--
Neil J. McRae. Alive and Kicking.       Domino: In the glow of the night.
neil@DOMINO.ORG        NetBSD/sparc: 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)