Subject: Re: locks at "changing root device"
To: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
From: David Brownlee <david@mono.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/16/1996 11:02:24
	Sorrt if this is an obvious question, but you didnt mention if
	you'd done this - have you checked that MAKEDEV has been run in
	the /dev directory? A missing /dev/console would give exactly the
	symptoms you have described.

		David/abs	david@{mono.org,southern.com,mhm-internet.com}

System Manager: Southern Studios Ltd, PO Box 59, London N22 1AR.
Satisfied User: NetBSD, free Un*x {i386,sparc,mac68k,+more} 'www.netbsd.org'.
  System Admin: MHM Internet, 14 Barley Mow Passage, Chiswick, London W4 4PH.
         SysOP: Monochrome, Largest UK Internet BBS - 'telnet mono.org'.