Subject: Re: looking for MB and SCSI hardware, recommendations
To: Josef Burger <bolo@cs.wisc.edu>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/15/1996 23:29:31
On Sat, 14 Dec 1996, Josef Burger wrote:

> 1) I'm looking to put together a mid-performance machine; this
> asus board seems really nice, and has scsi onboard, although
> it is NCR :-(
>
> 	Asus 486-sp3g motherboard with saturn II chipset and a "dx4"/100
> 	(and the fast sram tag to enable the write-back on the board)

I use this exact same motherboard, and I'm quite happy with it,
now that I've upgraded my NCR driver. :-)

Grab sys/dev/ic/ncr* out of -current and back-port it into 1.2,
and you may find that your problems go away.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.