Subject: Re: pccons weirdness
To: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl>
From: Phil Knaack <flipk@idea.exnet.iastate.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/13/1996 22:20:40
>Whenever there is supposed to be highlighted text, it is
>invisible instead. Sometimes its idea of "invisible" changes from black
>to blue: then the highlighted text is a solid blue rectangle.

>This is with the 1.2 release GENERICAHA, so it has the pccons console.

	I have seen things like this, and other things (like areas which
are normally highlighted becoming simply underlined), however, I always
attributed that problem to the fact that the one machine I use pccons on
is a "Bi-Link" portable series with an orange/amber gas plasma screen
plugged into the feature connector of a goofy PVGA card. But perhaps
this might actually have very little to do with it... ?

>I briefly tried with pcvt, and that works ok.

	[ Whereas, on this Bi-Link, pcvt doesn't work at all (the screen
	goes perpetually blank). Not that this is a problem, the gas
	plasma screen is pretty non-standard (read: ancient) hardware. :)
	Also, simultaneous connection to a standard VGA monitor yields
	a perfectly normal display.

	If someone, while bored, wants to hazzard a guess as to why this
	is, I would be interested in knowing why .. ]

Cheers,
Phil
--
Phillip F Knaack
Systems Administrator, Information Development for Extension Audiences (IDEA)