Subject: Re: New SMC 10/100 card.
To: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
From: Neil J. McRae <neil@easynet.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/10/1996 21:08:37
On Tue, 10 Dec 1996 15:58:15 -0500 (EST)
 Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org> alleged:

> Had the same problem with a DC21041 based SMC when I had forgotten to
> enable bus mastering for that particular PCI slot in the BIOS.
>
> As soon as that was right, and the proper 'ifconfig link' stuff was
> right it worked like a champ. [Although it appears to auto detect
> which port to use, so I don't remember why I had to fiddle with the
> 'link' stuff].
>
> Different chip set then yours, however, so YMMV.

Nah I just got a look at a list of changes between the 21140-AB and AC,
[thanks cgd] they have changed lots of the registers on the chip and added
boot rom functionality. Beware folks!

Cheers,
Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae. Alive and Kicking.          E A S Y N E T  G R O U P  P L C
neil@EASYNET.NET        NetBSD/sparc: 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)