Subject: Re: ntp (was clock/slew...)
To: Matthew B. Wood <devtrix@netcom.com>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/05/1996 00:48:41
>>   I would like to voice my agreement here.  I've been running NTP for
>> years on all of my machines, at home and at work, and it's always done
>> a very good job.

>Yep, me too.  I've been running ntp since netbsd1.0 with no problems.  Be
>sure to check the ntp page for the latest info and source code.

I've been running it WAY longer than that... :-)

[michaelv@MindBender]~> dir `which ntp`
-rwxr-xr-x  1 bin  bin  72246 May  5  1993 /usr/sbin/ntp*
[michaelv@MindBender]~> file `which ntp`
/usr/sbin/ntp: 386BSD demand paged executable not stripped

I just have it sync against a local university once per day.  Works
perfectly.

  Michael L. VanLoon                           michaelv@MindBender.serv.net