Subject: newbie questions
To: NetBSD386 <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael G. Williams <mikew@net-link.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/04/1996 00:22:15
1.  I have a system that boots from SCSI, but has a BIOS controlled IDE drive
also installed.  I have to type "boot(hd1,a)/netbsd" to get it to boot properly.
How do I change it so this is the default setup.

2. How do I get the right disklable for a SCSI CDROM.  Mount-9660 doesn't
get it right, because they "partition table" shows the CDROM partition going
beyond the end of the disk.  I don't think it records an ending cylinder at all.

3. How do I set up my machine so that it will take internet access from a
dialup PPP account.  I have the right numbers for DNS, gateway, and
so forth.  It's dynamic IP, which probably complicates things even
more, right?  I'm guessing some combination of ifconfig and add route?

Thanks.