Subject: request queue added to ahc driver
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/02/1996 11:11:30
Hi folks...

I've added a simple scsi request queue to the ahc driver, which has
totally eliminated the:

	sd3: not queued, error 5

messages I was seeing with 4 disks (including 2 ccd components) on
an Adaptec 2740 EISA controller (4 SCBs).  I've been running multi-user
with this patch for over a day now, doing _heavy_ filesystem activity
on the ccd and another disk (this machine is my CVS server and
file server for /usr/src and /usr/obj).

If others could give the the driver a whirl when it updates on the SUP
server, and report back to me if it solved your ahc problems, that'd
be keen.  I will look at munging my patch into the 1.2 driver, as
well.

Many, many thanks to Rob Windsor for loaning me his 2740 so I could
work on this bug!