Subject: CPU recognition diff II
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@fwi.uva.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/01/1996 14:49:33
I've updated the patch a little because of some comments I got. Nothing
major, though. It's still available in the same place.

Just a small clarification: it was my intention to modify the CPU
recognition code in such a way that future types could be recognized
without adding new code to locore.s, or tons of switch statements
to identitycpu() in machdep.c. I don't even pretend that the code
will recognize every single CPU subtype out there. There are programs
for that that you can run under DOS which do a much better job.

- Frank