Subject: Cyrix / AMD?
To: NetBSD i386 <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/28/1996 14:12:48
Hi,

I am about to buy a pentium machine for running NetBSD (and NetBSD alone).
I still have a few Intel Outside stickers left, so I'd like to get a non-
Intel CPU. ;-)

How good are the Cyrix and AMD CPU's?  Are there any problems running NetBSD
on them?  Any patches required?  How about the speed?  Heat problems?  The
non-Intel versions seem to be much cheaper, so they're very interesting to
me.

Any information greatly appreciated (maybe this info could be included on
a WWW page somewhere.. I'm sure many people would like to know).

Thanks,

  -jm

--

                     ---> http://www.jmp.fi/~jmarin/ <---