Subject: Help getting PPP going!
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rich Huey <silverwolf@mercury.atwood.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/27/1996 11:07:30
Greetings!

I'm a newbie to NetBSD, and I need a little help getting PPP working on my
machine.  I have downloaded the base12 and etc12 sets and installed them on
my machine.  I haven't yet had time to download any other sets.  Anyway, I
want to get a ppp connection with my machine so I can download the files
directly to it rather than to my other machine, and then have to copy
everything to floppy (no network :(

I found some documentation on setting up a ppp connection, but then I found
that I didn't have ppp set up on my machine, and something about
re-compiling the kernel.  I don't know how to do this, and I don't know
what else I need.  I assume I'll need to put the comp12 set on my machine
to have a compiler, but is that all?  What else do I need?

I'm a professional programmer/web site designer, but right now I feel
pretty stupid for not being able to figure this out!

$Rich$

The Silver Wolf                                              Rich Huey
silverwolf@mercury.atwood.com                        rhuey@expoweb.com

GCS/M/S/AT d? -p+ c++++ l+@ u+ e+ m s++/-- !n h f+(?) g+ w+ t- r- y?