Subject: Re: Wicked bad MSDOS problems.
To: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
From: Phil Knaack <flipk@idea.exnet.iastate.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/25/1996 17:04:17
>> [ kernel crash on mkdir in msdos dir ]

>So, as far as i know, that bug was not fixed during the release
>process of 1.2...  at least i could duplicate it with a post-1.2
>-current kernel, and there's the commit to msdosfs_vnops.c:

>revision 1.55
>date: 1996/11/08 15:51:49;  author: ws;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -1
>Fix panic on mkdir.
>Thanks to Dave Huang for finding the bug.

>There were no similar checkins on the 1.2 branch (as one would expect,
>because if there had been they should have been merged with the
>trunk)...

	I see a one-liner change from the nov 5 code I have to the
-current code, and it seems important enough.  I'll try it out, and let
you know.  I've got a pretty good feeling about it though. :)

	Thanks.

Cheers,
Phil
--
Phillip F Knaack
Database Programmer, Information Development for Extension Audiences (IDEA)