Subject: Virtual Memory Subsystem
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mister Gandalf <mgandalf@Mentasm.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/25/1996 17:01:20
I have noticed that ever since I've installed NetBSD (over a year ago) t=
hat
the kernel never returns swap space to me.  Whenever I go into swap, tha=
amount used stays used until I reboot the system.  I have, since the ini=
tial
NetBSD install, done a complete upgrade of all the OS files and of the k=
ernel
several times.  I don't know what could be causing this to happen.

I use the command "pstat -T" to return the amount of swap space used, an=
d it
never goes down.  Can anyone explain this?

-- Mark R. Buechler.

--
              Straight from the FOREVER crashing computer!

                              Mentasm FTP
                           HTTP coming soon!
              A3000, 68040/40mhz, 54megs, 3.1gig, Ethernet

                  CLCHAT SERVER!  us4.clchat.vapor.com

                         Mac, Unix, PC, Amiga