Subject: Re: Wicked bad MSDOS problems.
To: David Brownlee <david@mono.org>
From: Phil Knaack <flipk@idea.exnet.iastate.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/25/1996 14:58:10
Sean Berry:

>> I came to two conclusions.  Doing 'mkdir' in an msdos filesystem will crash
>> the system.  (page fault something or other, easily reproduced if necessary)

David Brownlee:

>	This was fixed recently in -current (I think it was going to be
>	pulled into the first 1.2 patch, but I could be mistaken)

	Was this change post-November 5?  That's what I'm running, and I
have several machines that crash in this way. (The reason I've not done
anything with it yet is because I don't really have a reason to *write*
to my dos drives at the moment...)

Cheers,
Phil
--
Phillip F Knaack
Database Programmer, Information Development for Extension Audiences (IDEA)