Subject: Fvwm 2.42 on -current, XFree86 3.1.2G: freezes on startup?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/21/1996 19:59:29
I've rebuilt fvwm 2.0.42 from source and installed it twice.  It locks
up on startup; all i get is a raw blue screen.  If I change my X11
setup to not start a window manager and start fvwm from the shell,
None of the already-open windows get wm decorations, and it seems to
lock up keyboard input.

I need  to use Xfree86 3.1.2G or F to drive a newish PCI Mach64 card,
which doesn't work well at all with the `release' XFree86.

I obtained and installed the Xpm libraries from the archive pointed
to by the source.

Has anyone successfully built fvwm? If so, how??