Subject: Re: NKPDE changes
To: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
From: Frank van der Linden <email@example.com>
Date: 11/18/1996 18:28:43
Quoting Chris G Demetriou,
> > Just in case.. I made an error in the commit message, I said:
> > >- nkpde is calculated as:
> > >
> > > min(NKPDE_MAX, NKPDE_BASE + (biosextmem >> 10) * NKPDE_SCALE)
> > The correct wording is:
> > nkpde is calculated as:
> > NKPDE_BASE + (biosextmem >> 10) * NKPDE_SCALE
> > with a maximum of NKPDE_MAX.
> Uh, how are those two explanations different? 8-)
Ok, you got me. I'll list some reasons in a futile attempt to save
my face :)
- your original mail said "max"
- I thought "that's wrong" and corrected it to "min"
- then Perry mailed me, saying "shouldn't that be max?"
- it was late when I committed it
- it was early when I read his mail.