Subject: uio.h
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Olaf Schroeder <olaf@digirule.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/15/1996 21:18:59
This question isn't specifically for i386, oh well..

Can someone tell me why in uio.h, UIO_MAXIOV is #if def'd inside
_KERNEL?

I'm porting some code which attempts to do a large
writev() of a couple thousand blocks, and writev is failing.
In the code there is a #ifdef UIO_MAXIOV to write the data out
in UIO_MAXIOV chunks, but since this define is inside an
ifdef _KERNEL in uio.h, the code to write the data in chunks
is not getting picked up.

Is seems to me that since writev() has a limit of UIO_MAXIOV
(as menionted in the man page), it should always be
defined.

Olaf Schroeder
olaf@digirule.com