Subject: Re: DMA beyond end of ISA with other scsi cards?
To: Rob Windsor <windsor@pobox.com>
From: Justin T. Gibbs <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/12/1996 09:23:26
>I have a bt757C, which typically fits the "broken EISA" category since it
>looks a lot like an ISA card at the driver level (hence the delay for
>real eisa glue for bt0).

All of Buslogic's cards have the capacity to use an low register window
so that "ISA" drivers can find them.  The 747 at least (haven't played wiht
a 757) shows up in EISA space just fine and tells you enough there so that
you can determine its "low" register window location non-invasively as well
as the interrupt and interrupt type.  So, its not sooo broken and there
should be an EISA probe for it in NetBSD.

Oh, and the bt747 and bt757 are not broken cards when it comes to the DMA
problem.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations