Subject: Re: Post.Office + NetBSD
To: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/08/1996 18:08:56
There is one group of people that really benefit from NetBSD's emulation:
those that are trying to escape the clutches of the OS they have now.
Retaining an existing license while upgrading the OS underneath is a very
real scenario for some folks.

Also, one of the more bizarre things I do here is to mount /emul/hpux via
amd to gain access to HP-UX libraries and applications.  This points out
that usefulness of NetBSD emulations rises dramatically in an environment
where out of necessity you support some commercial OSs for particular
applications, but have NetBSD in less critical places; I can actually run
some useful HP-UX applications on the NetBSD machine on my desk. :-)

--scott