Subject: 3c900 Problems
To: NetBSD i386 Users <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/12/1996 20:22:36
Does anyone have a pair of 3c900 cards running in 100 Mbps mode
between a pair of machines of about equal CPU power? The current
ep driver is definitely blowing up badly on my 486 when my Pentium
starts sending packets quickly. Under TCP it merely drops packets
somewhere in the driver (somewhere after bpfilter gets them, I
might add, since they show up in tcpdump on the 486!), thus giving
me extremely poor performance on the TCP test. On the UDP test,
which won't stop when packets are dropped, it causes my 486 to
reboot.

I'd like to know if a pair of same-speed Pentiums can do the same
thing to each other.

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.