Subject: Linux ELF --> NetBSD a.out?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Sean Berry (most of the time) <spberry@image1.ansci.iastate.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/12/1996 13:37:55
I've been looking for a decent raytracing modeller to use under NetBSD, and
since I can't get AutoCAD for anything but my DS 3100, I decided to
reexamine the Midnight Modeller.

Nice package, only problem being, it's in ELF format.  I've heard people
talking about various things that can be done with gcc and the associated
tools to end up with something that will run under BSD.

Any ideas on this one?  Is it as simple as taking all the other SysV support
out of my kernel than Linux?  The package is an X app that doesn't do any
weird hardware things, so I think I'm ok there.

TIA,
spb
--
Sean Berry is an ISTJ cellist who works in netbsd.   (must have more toys)
I imagine someone is likely to misinterpret