Subject: Re: dsp device
To: Jordan K. Hubbard <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/11/1996 11:06:01
"Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com> writes:

> > 1.  For various reasons, I needed something I wrote completely myself,
> > from scratch.
>
> Well, then you've just guaranteed that the NetBSD ports collection
> will be forever divergent as we've far too much invested in ours to
> switch (not to mention the fact that it would violate the "if it ain't
> broke, don't fix it" rule).
>
> Too bad. :-(

While I think the "building the ports" thing is good, I think the
pgkadd scripts are broken.

I'd like to be able to install into an arbitrary location, use symlinks
from /usr/local/... to where I put the package, and have easy package
removal.

Perhaps it is time to update how freebsd does this too?  I admit I've
not tracked that end of FreeBSD too closely recently though.

--Michael