Subject: Re: dsp device
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@plexus.com>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/08/1996 08:57:27
Scott Reynolds wrote

> On Tue, 8 Oct 1996, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:
>
> > Scott Reynolds wrote

> > > huh??
> >
> > I don't how to interpret this response.... it falls a little short
> > on words ;)
>
> Well, you said you downloaded the BSDI version of something; I don't have
> any idea what FreeBSD libraries have to do with this.
>
> > Anything wrong in using FreeBSD applications when we don't seem to
> > have the support for NetBSD?
>
> No, but BSDI != FreeBSD...

Understood. I checked raplayer using the file command and you are
right it is a FreeBSD product.

I mixed it up with the snmx utility which was only available as a BSDI
binary - too many late nights - sigh..... (it appears to work :)

This still hasn't resolved the problem with the dsp device :) is there a
solution? Is there another utility capable of playing *.ra files?

Do we have an index which lists all applications/utilities known to
work on NetBSD? I would be willing to compile and maintain such a list
if there is a need for it - any comments?

cheerio Berndt
--
Name	: Berndt Josef Wulf
E-Mail	: wulf@ping.net.au