Subject: Re: pcvt and fonts
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@server.peacock.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/07/1996 07:15:11
> I've installed the stuff in sys/arch/i386/isa/pcvt/Utils on my
> laptop, and noticed that the fonts really suck.  Even the 25-line
> font is so much cleaner than the one provided with pcvt (so I don't
> load that one, of course)

 Now thats interesting. As a side effect this font may be the cause
that I have some problems with the german keyboard map and the font,
when using 8859-1 coding in some applications (such as ircII).

> P.S.  Oh portmaster, why o why aren't these utilities installed by
> default?  The Amiga and HP ports have their special tweaks in the
> usr.sbin and/or usr.bin trees, but the pcvt stuff is hidden away.

 Yes, good question. Same applies to the foreign keyboard drivers.
Pardon me, I couldn't help you.

--
Markus Illenseer