Subject: Re: 3c590 and NetBSD 1.2?
To: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
From: Andrew Y Ng <ayn@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/05/1996 20:52:39
On Sat, 5 Oct 1996, Curt Sampson wrote:

> Have you tried them at 10 Mbps? I have two 3c595s, and I see this
> at 10 Mbps. I've not tried it at 100 Mbps, though I will soon.

Too bad CMU doesn't have 100Mbps at this piont, but we'r getting there.

> Also, how fast are your machines?

fyi, I have a Pentium Pro 200, with 64 M of RAM, I prolly mentioned this in
one of my former posts.

> There was a recent patch to the FreeBSD driver to fix a problem
> that sounds similar to ours; I'm looking into this now, and will
> be playing with it once I get another machine upgraded to 1.2.
> (Unfortunately, that may not be this week-end; the machine is at
> the office, and I'm at home with a horrible cold.)

I setup FreeBSD for my friend, we might switch cards temporarily if the 3c590
works on his server.  (rocket.res.cmu.edu).

/ayn

--
Andrew Y Ng <ayn@CMU.EDU> http://Ngbert.res.cmu.edu/~ayn/
Carnegie Mellon University; ECE major, Music minor