Subject: Re: 3c590 and NetBSD 1.2?
To: Andrew Y. Ng @ CMU.EDU <ayn@CMU.EDU>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/05/1996 10:34:04
On Sat, 5 Oct 1996, Andrew Y Ng wrote:

> I'm just wondering if my 3c590-freezing when large number of packets r being
> sent problem would be fix in the new 1.2 release.

Ah ha! So the problem isn't just with the 3c900 cards. I've got a
3c905 running under NetBSD 1.2 (or pretty darn close--it's the same
driver, at any rate) and it does the same thing. Theo de Raadt had
some patches for me to try, but they didn't work. I've got piles
of stuff to work on, but I'll try to have a quick look at this this
week-end. Theo and I both have technical documentation on the cards
coming whenever 3com gets around to mailing it to us.

I'll keep your name handy as someone who'd be interested in testing
patches if I make any progress.

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.