Subject: Re: lost interrupt - dangerous?
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: David Carrel <carrel@cisco.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/04/1996 12:02:09
I used to get these on my gateway laptop.  I got them whenever the laptp
would spin down the disk, but not go into shutdown.  On my system, when I
started getting these, the driver would never recover.  I hacked the wd
driver to recover by re-initing the controller, but it was not a pretty
hack.  I can send you the code if you like.  But I finally solved the
problem by upgrading the BIOS.  It's flash downloadable and I got the new
release off their ftp site.  See if your vendor has a BIOS upgrade.

Dave