Subject: hz parameter
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: HARAWAT.IN.ORACLE.COM <HARAWAT.IN.ORACLE.COM.ofcmail@in.oracle.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/04/1996 12:01:14

Hi ,
     I have a problem with hz parameter, I want to know what exactly is this
parameter used for, as far as I underestand this is meant for specifying the
clock frequency of the clock. Iam just playing around with netbsd, one of the
machines I have has a frequency of 66 MHz and another one has a frequency of
133 MHz. In the 133 MHz machine some of the nfs requests are timing out,
whereas in 66 MHz machine that problem is not there. If I reduce the value of
hz parameter in the 66 Mhz machine the nfs requests starts timing out, whereas
if I increase the hz value of my 133 MHz machine the problem still continues.
Do any one of you suggest a possible solution/ reason for this.

Harish

Harish Singh Rawat			   E-Mail : harawat@in.oracle.com
Oracle Software India Pvt. Ltd.            Voice  : +91 (80) 225 - 6098/6099
Indian Development Center ( IDC )          Fax    : +91 (80) 225 - 6207/1591
Embassy Point, 150 Infantry Road
Bangalore - 560001 India