Subject: Installing off an MSDOS HD
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Daniel J. O'Connor <doconnor@ist.flinders.edu.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/27/1996 14:29:11
Hi, I just installed NetBSD recently, but I had to go over to a
friends place and ftp all teh stuff off of his machine, which was
quite annoying since it was ON my machine in the first place(we did a
HD swap - I have 2 HDs...) Anyway, the point is, there aren't any docs
about mouting MS-DOS drives under NetBSD when you are installing, you
can install of MS-DOS floppies tho. I (eventually) figured out how to
mount MSDOS drives, but when I used disklabel it mangled the boot
program(not much of a problem since you can just rewrite it). Are
there any docs about how to do this properly? The mount_msdos man page
is pretty useless since it doesn't tell you how to use disklabel...

I would be willing to write a section about installing of DOS drives
in the new install document unless it is already done.

Seeya
Darius
~~~~~~
Finger doconnor@nova.cs.flinders.edu.au for PGP info.