Subject: Intel Endeavor board support
To: Tom Trebisky <tom@aspc15.as.arizona.edu>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/23/1996 12:30:44
I can't comment on the Endeavour board by name, but there's an
excellent chance it may "just work".  I'm using Intel P120
motherboards with the i82371 PIIX (Triton) chips, Manuel Bouyer's
ATAPI patches, and a buslogic SCSI controller (no IDE disk), they
"just work".  (maybe the boards I have are Endeavour, I don't know
how to tell.)

>Also, I notice the 1.2 source tree seems to have support for the 3C590
>pci ethernet card -- is this indeed a healthy and stable driver, if so,
>bravo!

I'm using the driver on 3c595s at 100Mbits; it seems very healthy
and stable.  There could be better support for the 100mbit PHY
interfaces (e.g., redefining link0 through link1 to select 10mbit,
100Mbit, or autosense), and DMA bus-mastering; otherwise the driver
seems fine.

Credit for that goes to Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>.