Subject: Intel Endeavor board support
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tom Trebisky <tom@aspc15.as.arizona.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/23/1996 11:22:09
Hello,

I will soon be working with an Intel Endeavor Motherboard (Advanced/EV),
and wanted to ask about running NetBSD on it.  It is a pentium motherboard
with a fancy onboard IDE interface (among other things).  I notice that
Linux has a driver for this, but haven't seen anything about it in the
NetBSD tree.  The upshot of this is that if anyone is working on this,
I would like to know, otherwise I will look into doing a driver myself.
Given the literature on the Intel chip (82371, aka triton), and the Linux
driver this should be doable.

Also, I notice the 1.2 source tree seems to have support for the 3C590
pci ethernet card -- is this indeed a healthy and stable driver, if so,
bravo!  And, BTW, I see there is a 1.2-beta binary snapshot, but where
is the corresponding source tree, and .... what can one expect as far as
the 1.2 official release?

	Tom
--
	Tom Trebisky			Steward Observatory