Subject: Re: 'ncr' driver with HP drives?
To: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
From: Justin T. Gibbs <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/23/1996 09:17:24
>Has anybody sucessfully used the 'ncr' driver (on the i386 8-) with
>(recent) HP drives?
>
>On the Alpha, i've tried it with a few HP C3325A's and it reports SCSI
>errors whenever the disks are accessed.  I've heard others report
>problems with 'ncr' on the Alpha as well.
>
>I was wondering if this was a problem only on the alpha, or if people
>using 'ncr' on the i386 had noticed it as well.
>

>chris

Its probably running into the queue full condition which has never been
properly handled by the NCR driver.  We're fixing it in FreeBSD by
moving tagged queueing support into the generic SCSI layer and ripping
this stuff out of the individual drivers.
--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations