Subject: Re: Best Web Server Hardware?
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/17/1996 01:23:24
Michael L. VanLoon wrote:

> And, make sure you get a quality motherboard.  I, and Graff, know
> first hand that Asus is good quality stuff, since we each own one.
> I've heard good things about Tyan, too.  Others have recommended
> Gigabyte and SuperMicro.  I don't personally have any experience with
> those.

FWIW, I have a Tyan Tomcat I, and it works very well with NetBSD.
One advantage the Tyan has over an Asus (I have one of these also)
is that they have _8_ SIMM sockets, which is a nice feature.  Well,
at least my Tomcat I has 8, the other models might vary.  If you have
some low density SIMMS (like 4MBs), you can still get 32MB or more.

-Andrew