Subject: Re: Best Web Server Hardware?
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/16/1996 18:56:13
On 16 Sep 1996, Michael Graff wrote:

> I have a P100 with 64M ram, 4G in SCSI disks, AHA 2940 controller, and a
> PCI ethernet.  This runs a WWW server, and I never notice a delay, but my
> site isn't hit all that hard.

I have a DX2/66 with 64M RAM, 1GB in SCSI disks, Buslogic controller
and plain old ISA Ethernet. I run over a hundred virtual web servers,
DNS for an entire ISP (named generally grows to about 16-20MB) and
e-mail for 1500 users on it. It works ok.

You probably don't need as much horsepower as you think.

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.