Subject: Problem with 3Com 5c590
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew Y Ng <ayn@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/13/1996 21:45:01
	I have a 3Com EtherLink III 3C590-COMBO PCI card.  I installed
NetBSD with the latest Generic kernel.  In the documentation on
www.netbsd.org, it said that this card was supported.  However, when I
boot, I have the following problem:  Upon bootup, my card is recognized as
"ep1".  I ifconfig the card and add the default CMU route, however, I
can't ping any host outside of this card (I'm using IP numbers, of
course).  Does anyone know if this card is supported yet?

	In case it matters, the rest of my hardware is:
	Dell Pentium Pro 200
	64 Megs of EDO Parity RAM
	17" Sony Trinitron monitor
	Creative Labs AWE 32 NT Wavetable Sound Card
	8x IDE CD-ROM
	STB PCI Trio V+ Video Board w/ 2megs EDO DRAM
	3.2 GB EIDE hard drive

	Thanks for any help!

/andrew

--
Andrew Y Ng <ayn@CMU.EDU> http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/ayn/
Carnegie Mellon University; ECE major, Music minor