Subject: Re: patch #6 for atapi driver
To: Markus Illenseer <markus@server.peacock.de>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/04/1996 09:36:47
On Wed, 4 Sep 1996, Markus Illenseer wrote:

:  OpenBSD? Another testimonent of useless efforts. I currently do know of
: 3 (!) users running OpenBSD/Amiga. It's so great to know you are better
: than NetBSD.

Geezus, will you people stop the bickering already?

In case you haven't been reading source-changes@netbsd.org recently, some
OpenBSD changes have made their way into NetBSD, and as seen in
source@openbsd.org, vice versa.

I run both systems at home, in fact.  NetBSD on my Amiga and OpenBSD on my
386DX-40.  The former because it's been there and has been rock solid, the
latter because I feel like playing around with 'neato stuff' and am familiar
with NetBSD's overall structure (vs. FreeBSD).

Ever since I heard of OpenBSD, I've been watching its development, because
it looked like an effort to bring lots of creativity into the #?BSD
development.  And you know what?  I've seen a lot more traffic on
source-changes@netbsd.org since then.  Coincidence, maybe.  But the fact
remains.

(Speaking of #?: anyone want a program to do AmigaDOS style globbing? ;)

=====
== Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com; Business tv@iag.net) Cast a vote! ==
== System administrator/technician, Internet Access Group, Orlando Florida ==
== Dialups in Orange, Volusia, Lake, Osceola counties - http://www.iag.net ==