Subject: Re: censorship, etc..
To: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@NetBSD.ORG>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/29/1996 19:35:54
On Thu, 29 Aug 1996 19:09:52 -0400 (EDT)
 Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com> wrote:

 > It would be nice if the majordomo descriptions of the various
 > mailing lists mentioned "moderated" or something like that.

Since they're all essentially moderated the same, we'll need to put such
a notice in a centralized location (or, it would be nice to have it
there, anyhow...)

 > Other comment:  How come "spam" makes onto the moderated mailing
 > lists, but "we all know who" doesn't?

Overall, predicting random spam such as the "moneyworld" episode is
difficult.  It's done once, then they disappear, usually because their
ISP receives enough complaints that they're shut off.

 > Not that I don't agree with moderated mailing lists though, just
 > commenting.
 >
 > WRT port-i386..  What are the plans for splitting if_ed.c?  In jtk's
 > PCMCIA stuff, the drivers appear to be split similar to if_ep.  I
 > have a EISA card I have working with /sys/dev/eisa/if_ed_eisa.c and
 > would like to port it to the "official" if_ed framework.

Jonathan Stone and I were working on that... I came up with something
that worked, but was just ugly as sin because of the current bus.h
interface.  I'm working on a proposal to alter the bus.h interface that
would make the job a lot easier, and make drivers more portable.  Keep
watching tech-kern...

Jason R. Thorpe
NetBSD Core Group
<thorpej@NetBSD.ORG>