Subject: Re: 1.2_BETA problems / booting on IDE
To: Matt Thomas <matt@lkg.dec.com>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/29/1996 09:34:30
Yes this is a known problem with DEC Celebris.. I have some boot blocks
which hardcodes the boot to always boot from harddisk.. they won't be
usable to boot from floppy though.  The problem is the BIOS reports the
floppy to be the boot device even when booting from HD, check the floppy
light..

ftp.appli.se:pub/scratch/CooLj holds the blocks

I'm not i386 hacker so I don't know how to solve this "right" these
bootblocks has however been helpful for us and at least one other company
I've fed them too, even if it's a kludge

Niklas Hallqvist       Phone: +46-(0)31-40 75 00  Home: +46-(0)31-41 93 95
Applitron Datasystem   Fax:   +46-(0)31-83 39 50  Home: +46-(0)31-41 93 96
Molndalsvagen 95       Email: niklas@appli.se     GSM:  +46-(0)70-714 10 35
S-412 63  GOTEBORG     WWW:   Here
Sweden		       IRC:   niklas (#NetBSD)