Subject: Re: XDM and PCVT
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/27/1996 00:26:14
I said:
> I want to use XDM together with PCVT. The X11 server shell run on the
> first virtual console, gettys (or getties? :-) on the other ones.

I solved the problem myself in the meantime. In case anybody wants to
use the same setup I describe how to do it.

Let's assume we want to run X11 on 5th virtual console "ttyv4":

a) Disable the getty for "ttyv4" in "/etc/ttys" and reconfigure "init"
   with "kill -1 1".

b) Add this line to "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xservers":

:0 local /usr/local/X11/bin/X vt05

   The main trick is the argument "vt05" which tells the X11 server to
   use the 5th virtual console.

--
Matthias Scheler
tron@lyssa.owl.de