Subject: Re: i386 interrupt counters
To: Michael Graff <explorer@cygnus.com>
From: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/11/1996 17:40:57
	Michael Graff <explorer@cygnus.com> said:

> I added in i386 interrupt counters for both the slow and fast interrupt
> hooks in the kernel.  Right now I have the "slow" ones called "intr*"
> and the fast ones called "fast*" but I am open to suggestions on other
> names.

I think it is better to use driver name like "com0" instead of
"intr4". Of course, this requires to handle return value of interrupt
handler to cope with shared irq.

BTW, do you use "struct evcnt" to implement it ? (see sparc port)

> If anyone else wants to try out the changes before I commit them, let me
> know.

I'd like to try it.
--
soda@sra.co.jp		Software Research Associates, Inc., Japan
(Noriyuki Soda)		   software tools and technology group