Subject: Re: Question regarding supporting AHA-1542CP
To: Vince Mammoliti <vince@homepage.ca>
From: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@mit.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/09/1996 15:02:02
Vince Mammoliti <vince@homepage.ca> writes:

> I have been tring for the last few days to get a aha-1542cp to work.

To quote myself:

-----8<-----snip-----8<-----snip-----8<-----snip-----8<-----snip-----8<-----
To: Aron Roberts <aroberts@wolfenet.com>
Cc: port-i386@NetBSD.ORG
Subject: Re: Adaptec 1540-CP ?
From: mycroft@mit.edu (Charles M. Hannum)
Date: 13 May 1996 05:19:53 -0400

Aron Roberts <aroberts@wolfenet.com> writes:

> As per the message I am curious to know if the Adaptec 1540-CP scsi
> adapter is supported.
>
> Upon reading the docs i can see that there is no explicit mention given to
> support for the 1540-CP.
>
> I gave a shot to installing NetBSD1.1 anyway and after inserting the
> filesystem floppy recieved the following message:
>
> aha0 at isa0 port 0x330 - 0x333 irq 11 drq5aha0: aha_cmd, cmd/data port
> full

If you can build a kernel, look in /sys/dev/isa/aha1542.c for
something like this:

        if (inquire.boardid == 0x43 || inquire.boardid == 0x44 ||
            inquire.boardid == 0x45) {

and change it to:

        if (inquire.boardid >= 0x43) {

and it should work fine.  This is fixed in -current (as far as I know;
nobody with a -CP has actually reported back to me).