Subject: Re: install could use some static binaries
To: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
From: Phil Knaack <flipk@idea.exnet.iastate.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/08/1996 09:52:35
Chris G Demetriou writes:

>	(2) If you must put them into an editor, it should be
>	    much, much more user-friendly than vi or ed
>	    (or even emacs).  Something like 'pine,' that puts
>	    put instructions on the screen to tell you exactly
>	    what keys you can use, would be a more appropriate
>	    default.

	Is "pine" like "pico" ? I set up pico for my telnet-in-and-write-web-
pages people, because it was the easiest to understand, and simple enough to
not confuse them. "Pico" displays this at the bottom of the screen:

   ^G Get Help ^O WriteOut ^R Read File^Y Prev Pg  ^K Del Line ^C Cur Pos
   ^X Exit     ^J Justify  ^W Where is ^V Next Pg  ^U UnDel Lin^T To Spell

	At the time I installed it this machine was really low on memory,
too, and pico appealed to me .. :) A static binary is 200k and a dynamic
one is 81k.

	Current version I'm using is 1.4.

Cheers,
Phil
--
Phillip F Knaack
Database Programmer, Information Development for Extension Audiences (IDEA)