Subject: Re: PC Card support.
To: None <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
From: John Kohl <jtk@kolvir.arlington.ma.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/06/1996 22:43:48
I have patches to a (somewhat stale) -current available beneath
ftp://sipb.mit.edu/pub/netbsd/

I think I have support in that set of patches for the following types of
cards:
	NE2000 ethernet clones
	3C589 ethernet
	modem cards (most of them Just Work)
	AIC-6360 SCSI cards (e.g. NewMedia SCSI Bus Toaster & their ilk)

You may need to edit some of the matching strings for the various
drivers, but other than that things should work pretty much as-is.

This code is not in any official NetBSD release or snapshot, and it
needs some serious rearchitecture/rewriting before it will be a
reasonable machine-independent PCMCIA driver implementation.  So use it
if you wish, but don't bet on it to retain its current form if it ever
hits the real source tree.

==John