Subject: PC Card support.
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/05/1996 18:08:30
	I'm setting myself up with a laptop so I can work at home and
work at the cottage --- more I can fix things in a pinch without
returning to the office from the cottage.  Anyways, since this will
also be my home system, it's likely to be a pretty blown system.

	I really need to know the status of PCMCIA (sp?) card
support.  Specifically ethernet and modem card support.  The modem
card might appear as a 16550 --- but I'm not positive.  Booting with
the 1.1 install disk shows two 16550's regardless of whether the card
is installed.  The ethernet card does not seem to get recognised at
all.  It would be really cool (although entirely unnecessary) if a
SCSI card could be supported.

	The 1.1 kernel doesn't seem to recognise the CDROM,
either... which I would expect to be part of the IDE bus with the hard
drive.

	Right now, I have a 'Simple Technology 28.8' and a 'Megahertz
XJ10BT' to use, but if drivers are written for others, I'm flexible.
I'm even flexible with which laptop I get (the one I have in my hot
little hands can stay with 95 on it and go to someone else).

	I do have the ability to compile kernels (an old 386 that
otherwise runs my modems) and am willing to beta test drivers.  I need
a reasonable degree of dependability, but am willing to work to
achieve that.

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca         |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |