Subject: Re: install could use some static binaries
To: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
From: Webmaster Jim <jspath@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/05/1996 08:11:19
On Aug 5,  3:21am, Chris G Demetriou wrote:
} I suppose that if nvi supported open mode, having it available at
} inatall-time or single-user might be useful...  though if you can
} learn vi, it's really not all that much trouble to learn ed, and
} it's not like either is cake for a novice.

I'm a semi-novice; I use vi daily and ed never.  The original intent of
this thread was to ask the release group to think about some static
tools that might be handy in some situations.  If they changed
disklabel to look for /bin/ed rather than /usr/bin/vi, I guess I'd then
dig up my `ed' paper man page from 1985 and go for it :-)
--
I don't speak (or work) for the Baltimore County Public Library.
They keep telling me, "Shhhhh!"