Subject: Re: NCR Asus PCI-SC200 and NetBSD? I read the FAQ, but...
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@supp.cpr.itg.telecom.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/01/1996 12:09:59
Herb Peyerl writes:
> zodiac@darkness.gun.de (Ralph Seichter)  wrote:
>  > I have an Asus P/I-P55TP4N mainboard and I'd like to purchase an NCR Asus
>  > PCI-SC200 SCSI-2 host adapter for it. I need to know if the PCI-SC200 is
>  > supported by NetBSD, FreeBSD and Linux. The NetBSD i386 install document
>
> I've been using an SC200 since before 1.1 and it works fine in the various
> clone motherboards I've had except I could never get it to work right on
> the ASUS-SP3G that I had.. The SP3G has a 53c810 on the motherboard an
> the SC200 is used as an external connector as opposed to a second scsi
> bus... It was completely flakey so I returned the board and got something
> else...

Hmm..  I'm running an SP3G with an SC-200 OK. However, I've disabled
the on-board controller. Well, actually, the on-board controller
somehow got fratzed so I had to buy the SC-200 to get SCSI working again...
Before that, I had a $15 connecter that plugged into a normal PC
expansion slot as a slot cover that has a Honda plug externally, and a
50 pin internal SCSI male plug internally. Great thing to pass the
internal SCSI on an SP3G to external.