Subject: Re: NCR Asus PCI-SC200 and NetBSD? I read the FAQ, but...
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/31/1996 09:24:32
On Wed, 31 Jul 1996, Herb Peyerl wrote:

> I've been using an SC200 since before 1.1 and it works fine in the various
> clone motherboards I've had except I could never get it to work right on
> the ASUS-SP3G that I had.. The SP3G has a 53c810 on the motherboard an
> the SC200 is used as an external connector as opposed to a second scsi
> bus... It was completely flakey so I returned the board and got something
> else...

I recently put an SP3G motherboard in my machine, a 486/100 running
NetBSD 1.0.  However, the ncr.c I'm using is much closer to the
one from 1.1. I've not had any problems with it so far, except for
SCSI bus lockups due to a tape drive that did the same thing in
other machines with other controllers.

Some of the earlier versions of the chip were buggy, however.

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.