Subject: Re: memory test program
To: Kim Andersen <kim@dde.dk>
From: Jeff Northon <jeffo@sasquatch.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/30/1996 19:55:41
Two dos based utilities come to mind, Norton Utilities and CheckitPro.
Be sure to check for IRQ conflicts,  even ones that are not obvious
like a sound card and serial or parallel port using the same IRQ.

We were testing some Hayes enhanced serial ports and I forgot to yank
out the soundblaster (on IRQ 5) that was conflicting with com02 or com3
(on IRQ 5). I thought that if the dos drivers were not loaded, no problem
WRONG! It was behaving like bad memory, thought the two year old had been
working on the computer with her screwdriver.