Subject: Re: Please, I still need help w/ MS-DOS partition
To: Ralph Seichter <zodiac@darkness.gun.de>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/28/1996 19:56:52
>I found a document describing the procedures to access my C:\ partition.
>After editing the disk label, I can mount it, and I can use 'ls' to get a
>directory listing. But as soon as I access a file (or a directory), a
>kernel panic occurs. BTW, when I use the floppy disk under NetBSD, I get
>lots of soft read errors due to timing trouble.

Could you give more details on the panic message?

Something that might be worth doing is waiting for 1.2 to come out, since
it won't need to disklabel hack in place, and the MSDOSFS is improved as
well.

As for the soft read errors, it might be possible you have floppies with
errors on them (MSDOS doesn't report soft errors).  What makes you think
it has to do with timing trouble, though?

--Ken